Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Duper Tuesday

So it's primary election day for half the states - including NY - in the country. I'm wound up something awful - couldn't sleep, been up since 2:30 in the morning, though the weather may have something to do with that - and probably will be until tomorrow morning when the dust has settled.

I voted for Obama this morning, and although I have numerous reasons for doing so, it boils down to these two:

  1. Obama sees the role of the president as an inspirational one, not a hands-on one like Clinton, which I think is important to help restore the balance of power between the branches of the government. The Executive branch needs to take a back seat to Congress in crafting laws and some policy, which brings me to my second point,
  2. I believe Obama will have positive coattails around the country and will help elect more Democrats to Congress, while Clinton will have mixed results at best
I predict that the end of Super Tuesday will see Clinton with a small, but not insurmountable, advantage in delegates, and that's good news for the Obama campaign.

GObama!

No comments: