Monday, July 23, 2007

Profiles in "Wait, What in the World Could That Be?!"

Alberto Gonzales.

U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, under congressional pressure to quit over the firing of nine U.S. prosecutors, vowed on Monday to stay and fix problems with the Justice Department.


In testimony prepared for a congressional hearing on Tuesday, Gonzales acknowledged the Justice Department has been shaken by accusations that partisan politics played a role in hiring practices and the administration of justice.


"There are two options available in light of these allegations," Gonzales said. "I could walk away or I could devote my time, effort and energy to fix the problems."


"Since I have never been one to quit, I decided that the best course of action was to remain here and fix the problems."


Abu is going to fix the problems - the leakers and dissenters.

I promise this is not an Onion article.

No comments: