Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Cough, Hack, Greenspan

Irrespective of whether good, old, doddering Uncle Alan thinks making Bush's tax cuts permanent will have a good effect on the economy, how can he talk about social security and

[warn] that doing nothing would lead to massive budget deficits and cause the ``economy to stagnate or worse.''


The man in charge of U.S. monetary policy apparently hasn't consulted any of the data that show that following through with Bush's policies will cause the economy to stagnate or worse, or add trillions more in debt to an already horrendous current account deficit. I really can't come up with any good reasons why anyone listened to this man 10 years ago.

From the NYT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there " chocol emoose " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)