Saturday, April 23, 2005

Army Condones Abuse

Of the five (yes, only five people were actually investigated) people investigated by the army for the abuses in Abu Ghraib (I think the pictures say enough), only one received any sort of punishment, which was that she


was relieved of her command and given a written reprimand. She has repeatedly said she was made the scapegoat for the failures of superiors.

I don't know what to say besides the obvious that this means the army is not taking any responsibility for its crimes and mocking the people it abused. This situation kind of reminds me of Japan in the 1930s where military officers who, not acting under government orders, started war with China and were let off the hook for it.

Link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there " chocol emoose " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)