Saturday, April 16, 2005

Pollution

Also known as a privately produced public good. Privately produced because it is by indivdual firms, public good because everyone partakes (negatively) of it. So why are we delegating responsibility to those not responsible? From NYT,

If it becomes law, it would make one of the most significant changes to the Clean Air Act in 15 years, allowing communities whose air pollution comes from hundreds of miles away to delay meeting national air quality standards until their offending neighbors clean up their own air.

This is nothing more than a sick game of chicken. National air quality standards will never be met (pollution ususally travels to the poles) and people will suffer from it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there " chocol emoose " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#